VOXL is a companion computer that pairs with Flight Core or Pixhawk® flight controller for obstacle avoidance and GPS-denied (indoor) navigation.
The VOXL advances the Snapdragon Flight, Qualcomm Flight Pro architectures for:
- PX4 Avoidance and Navigation
- Snapdragon Navigator flight controller
- Open source Linux kernel, cross-compilers, PX4, ROS, OpenCV
- Docker build environment for CPU, GPU (OpenCL) and DSP (Hexagon SDK) heterogeneous computer vision and deep learning processing.
- Run Docker on VOXL target for improved portability and maintenance.
- Add cellular LTE connectivity for beyond visual line of sight (add-on).
- Snapdragon 821: Quad-core up to 2.15GHz, GPU, 2xDSP, Linux
- Video support: 3x MIPI cameras, UVC
- Machine vision support: time synchronized IMU and cameras
- Additional I/O: WiFi, SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO
- Light weight, powerful, SWAP-optimized computing:
- PCB weight 18g
- Power Adapter weight 13g
- Cameras (6g)
- Power consumption 3-10W
In this kit:
- MKIT-00001-1 - VOXL Core Board Kit ("Blue board", marked M0006)
- MKIT-00002 - VOXL Power Adapter Kit
- MKIT-00003 - VOXL Wi-Fi Antenna Kit
Pixhawk is a trademark of Lorenz Meier